Sunday, May 12, 2013

She Put the Music in Me

"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." 
- Doctrine & Covenants 25:12 
My love for music and so many other good things come from my mom. Growing up as she sang to me, and as I learned the songs she sang, I felt the truth of the gospel. I have many precious memories of my mom singing to me by my bedside, the piano or during FHE. She always encouraged me to listen to and sing good songs and that they could be a strength to me during times of trial. How true that is! Some of the most poignant faith building experiences I've had in my life have come through the spirit that good music brings.  

Keep singing wherever you are in your life - mom, aunt, mentor, or friend. Sing to the kids around you, they do listen to and learn from your singing. 



And to all you mother's and mothers to be - 

Happy Mother's Day!

P.S. I totally bawled through this video... anybody else having crazy waterworks? 

No comments: