Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bread pudding( rescue an old loaf of bread before you toss it)

Last week..I made some french bread...I'm still trying to figure out how to cook for 2..so we always have leftovers. This time I made 2 loaves of bread to freeze...and another to use during the week. We didn't have the chance to eat the whole loaf last week....so I tried this recipe for my relief society presidency meeting...they loved it!!!! and I was able to use the leftover loaf of bread sitting in my counter rather than through it away. I love this recipe! Buen Provecho!!!!

Bread Pudding


3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 cups whole milk
10 slices bread, toasted and cut into cubes
1 cup raisins (optional)
Sauce:
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
 
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk 3 eggs, sugar, 2 tbsp brown sugar, cinnamon, 1/4 cup melted butter and 3 c. of milk. Gently stir in the bread cubes.
3. Spoon misture into the baking dish.
4. Bake in oven until browned 50 to 55 mins; cover the dish with foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Let the pudding stand for 10 minutes before serving.
5. For sauce: whisk all ingredients in a heavy saucepan until smooth. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened for about 10-15 mins. Stir in the vanilla extract. Pour sauce over warm bread pudding or serve on the side.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry, I'm leaving this on the recipe site, but I'm printing off your lessons for Preach my Gospel and I got to the one on the atonement and there's not a connecting link for it to copy and also for some following it. Can you email me a copy of these. They're wonderful and I'd like to continue using them if possible. My email is tamraberry@msn.com. Thanks so much!